Welcome!

My name is Mary Ann Whitehead Overson and this blog is dedicated to all the amazing men and women who came before me: my ancestors. I also want to acknowledge my father, Armand Toyn Whitehead, who is the person responsible for a lot of the content in this blog; my dad has spent countless hours collecting and preserving photos and histories, and preserving them on the computer so that they can be handed down for generations. Thank you, Dad!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Patriarchal Blessing for Elizabeth Brierley Simister

NOTE!!!  I have decided not to post this blessing online) please see my post on "Patriarchal Blessings" for the reason why.)  If you would like a copy of this blessing there are two ways to go about getting it:
  1. You can ask me for a copy - just send me a message, or leave a comment, (if I don't know you, please let me know how you are related to our common ancestor!) and leave me contact information so that I can send it to you.
  2. If you are a member of the LDS church, and a "direct line descendant" (meaning that you are a child/grandchild/ great grandchild, etc.) then you can go to lds.org and order a patriarchal blessing directly from the church.  If you are not a direct line descendant, then you will need to contact me for a copy.

John William and Elizabeth Brierley Simister
Elizabeth Brierley Simister is my Great Great Grandmother - she and her husband, John W. Simister, had many children, one of them being Hannah Simister Bale, who was the mother of Emma Louisa Bale Jensen, who was the mother of Rose Afton Jensen Whitehead, my mother.  She died from contracting pneumonia January 28, 1912, at age 66, a little more than a month after receiving her blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment