Charles C. JensenDeseret News, 20 June, 1948(no picture provided in newspaper)
Provo – Charles C. Jensen, 74, of 713 West Fifth South St. died Sunday at 4:15 p.m. at an infirmary here of causes incident to age.Mr. Jensen was born July 2, 1874 in Richfield, son of Olaf P and Annie Jeppsen Jensen. He moved to Goshen, Utah when a young man and resided there until 14 years ago, when he moved to Provo.On Aug 25, 1898 he was married to Laura Jane Rudd. She died in February 1913, and he later was married to Emma Bale in Provo.A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints he was an elder at the time of his death.Surviving, besides his widow, are five sons, and four daughters: Mrs. George Cook, Goshen; Mrs. Peter Grieve, Salt Lake City; Edward Jensen, Bakersfield, Calif; James and Gilbert Jensen, Tooele; Leslie and Maurice Jensen, Provo; a stepson, Leonard Pitt, Layton; a brother, Joseph Jensen, LeGrande, Ore; a sister, Mrs. Lizzie Osborne, Riverton, Salt Lake County; a half brother, Andrew Nielson, Deweyville, Box Elder County; 26 grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
Funeral Arrangements will be announced by Valley Mortuary, Provo.
There are a few mistakes in this obituary -
- The obit. states that Charles died at an infirmary "here", but it does not mean Salt Lake City - the obit. was probably one that ran in the Provo Daily Herald, and a copy sent to run in the Deseret News. Charles died in Provo, Utah.
- Charles was the son of Ole Christian Jensen, not Olaf P.
- Annie Jeppsen - Jeppesen is the correct spelling, but I've seen it spelled so many different ways, including Jeppson, Jepson, Jepsen, and even Gepson.
- Before he lived in Goshen, he lived in Nephi with the Bowles Family, having left Richfield at age 9 years old because he and his stepfather did not get along.
- Lizzie Osborne was Charlie's half-sister, not full sister, from his mother's 2nd marriage.
- A half brother "Andrew Nielson" is listed: Andrew was Charlie's step-brother, if you could even call him that. Charlie's mother, Annie Jeppesen Jensen Nielsen, married Andrew C. Nielsen, her second husband, and the Andrew listed in the obit. was Andrew C. Nielsen's stepson from a previous marriage. His last name is spelled with an "son" instead of "sen" because it was changed somewhere along the line.